Day 1. I have a three month old and already I'm thinking, I'm going to miss him at this age. Have you felt that way, and what age do you miss the most?
I pretty much say, "I'm going to miss him at this age" every single month. That's why I try to take a lot of photos, and blog a little to keep some kind of record of it. It really is incredible how quickly they grow and change. Makes me tear up a little just thinking about it.
Jack is only eleven months old, so I don't really feel like we've gone through a vast array of ages and stages. And so far, they've all been truly mind-blowing. There have definitely been moments in each of the stages that I look back on and miss already...
I do miss that new baby smell. The first few weeks when he was just a little puddle of love and snuggles went by in a flash. Of course, John and I were petrified for most of it; so, it would be nice to go back knowing what we know now and redo that first month. I feel like we'd be able to enjoy it a bit more, instead of feeling so helpless.
Now that Jack is getting more mobile (crawling and walking with assistance), I'm starting to miss the days where I could put him on the floor with a few toys around him, walk away for a minute, and know that he'd be there when I came back. This new phase of mobility makes going to the bathroom in semi-private a thing of the past.
Day 2. What makes you uniquely you?
Day two and already a toughie, huh?
I suppose what makes me uniquely me is a combination of my character traits and my learned skills. So, let's make a little list, shall we?
- I have a knack for words - remembering vocab words, how to spell words, learning foreign words, etc. This makes me a rather formidable Scrabble opponent.
- I have a strange memory. I tend to forget details of important events (our wedding, Jack's birth, my graduation); but I remember what I bought at the grocery store last time I was there. This is why it's good for me to blog and take lots of photos.
- I like my desserts to be chocolate, not fruity. If it's fruity, it's not dessert. It's fruit.
- I'm a wanna-be photographer. I'm trying to learn how to use our camera better and become more skilled in Photoshop. It's a slow process.
- I hate belly buttons. They're weird. And I hate having mine touched.
- I also hate "half socks." This is when the sock is really slouchy and hanging off the end of the toe. It makes me kinda sweaty and barfy just typing this.
- I'm a knitter and a spinner.
- I also dabble in other crafts such as lampwork (making glass beads), painting, and jewelry making.
- I've got good hair and good eyebrows.
- My teeth were so messed up that I had braces for eight years. Maybe I just had a bad orthodontist.
- I'm a procrastinator.
- I'm a terrible housekeeper, but I'm also terribly embarrassed by that fact so I force myself to invite people over just so I'll have to clean the house. Looks like I need to invite some people over again soon...
- I'm addicted to Facebook, and I'm okay with that. It's probably the least harmful thing I've ever been addicted to.
- I have a fleck of gold in the iris of my left eye and a fleck of brown in the iris of my right eye. My eyes are hazel.
- I am a night owl, but I'm evolving into an early bird out of necessity.
There's so much more, but I won't continue to bore you with it... Plus, it's time for bed. Because even though the night owl part of me wants to stay up, the early bird part is reminding me that we'll be getting up, well, you know. Early.
Day 3. A photo that makes you happy
And the rest of the posts will follow...
Day 4. Style 31. Post a pic of you in your favorite outfit.
Day 5. Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.
Day 6. Your most embarrassing moment
Day 7. Do you believe in the "cry until he sleeps" method?
Day 8. Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)? Share, please!
Day 9. What virtues do you value in yourself?
Day 10. What are some of your favorite MAC products, and what foundation/powder do you wear?
Day 11. Post a recipe. Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).
Day 12. Write about what wears you out as a woman.
Day 13. A YouTube video
Day 14. Style 31. Post an outfit pic!
Day 15. What do you wish for?
Day 16. How old was Jack when he started sleeping through the night and how did you do this?
Day 17. Write about 3 things that make you happy.
Day 18. If you could, what would you tell yourself before you had your baby?
Day 19. Write about your significant other
Day 20. Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.
Day 21. Write about your most vivid childhood memory. Post a picture of you taken over ten years ago.
Day 22. What did you do today?
Day 23. Who's your celebrity look alike?
Day 24. What is God teaching you presently?
Day 25. Style 31. Post a pic of your favorite comfy clothes.
Day 26. What do you hope your grandchildren will say about you someday when you are gone?
Day 27. Who are your favorite bloggers?
Day 28. Write about your insecurities as a woman.
Day 29. Your day, in great detail
Day 30. What do you think is going to happen to you after you die?
Day 31. Your favorite quote
Hello I'm a new follower, I'm doing Meghann's project too. Just wanted to say I like your answers for day 2. That was a hard question to answer. I look forward to seeing what the rest of the month holds. How old is your boy? My son is 8 months old.ReplyDelete
Hi, Jessica! Welcome! Glad you found us... Jack is eleven months. It's been an amazing ride so far, and I can't even imagine what's around the corner. I'm gonna go check out your blog, now. :-)ReplyDelete